Name Change Procedure in Bangalore Call: 9341389804

Name Change Consultants in Bangalore Karnataka – Kavery Legal Services is an associated Lawyers Office at Bangalore providing legal services in preparing related documents to apply for Gazette Notification for Change of Name legally for the citizen of Karnataka.  The process of change of name and correction of name in educational certificates, ID Proofs, property documents and in other documents if any is same.

In the state of Karnataka only the government employees those who intends to change their names or making corrections in the existing name can apply for Karnataka State Government Official Gazette.  But the private individuals those who intends to change their names may apply to Government of India Official Gazette to publish in the Gazette of India.

Now-a-days many people in India including Karnataka are are showing interest to change their names, there may be many reasons such as latest trends, numerology, horoscope, to prefix or suffix father/husband name to his/her name.

Gazette Notification is the only legal formality for changing of name or correction of name. It is a legal document released by government to recognize legally of your change of name by abandoning the use of your old name.  After obtaining Gazette Notification Copy you may take steps to include your new name by replacing your old name in all your ID Proofs, Bank Account, Property Documents and in any other related documents according to the Gazette Notification.  It is very important to keep your Copy of Gazette Notification permanently for safe side because of proving your identity in the future whenever and wherever it will be applicable and it is very much need. Only citizen of India can apply to change his/her name or making corrections if any in the existing name to Gazette of India or can also apply to their respective State Government Official Gazette according to respective process and procedure.  

Categories of Name Change as under:

  • Name Change for Majors
  • Name Change for Minors
  • Surname Change for Woman after Marriage
  • Name Change after Religion Change
  • Name Change for Widow after Re-marry
  • Name Change for Divorced woman after Re-marry
  • Father Name Change for Children of Widow/Divorced Woman after Re-marry
  • Name Change after Sex Change
  • Change of Name for Government Employees
The Name Change Process is Three Stages

First Stage – Affidavit

Affidavit in a minimum value of stamp paper, it should contain name, father’s/husband’s name, age, occupation, residential address, proposed new name and mention reason to change your name or making corrections in the existing name or your father’s name, mother’s name or children’s name in your records by duly notarize it from a public notary.   

Second Stage – Ad in Newspaper

Publish Ad in a local newspaper through a Request Letter along with xerox copy of affidavit to the Editor of Newspaper requesting him to publish Ad under the caption of “Change of Name”. The matter should contain old name, father/husband’s name, occupation, residential address as in your ID Proof and Proposed New Name. 

Third Stage – Gazette Publication

And finally fulfilling all formalities submit for Gazette Notification  by way of request letter to publish your change of name matter in Gazette of India along with the following documents:  

  • Publication Matter 
  • Original Affidavit duly Notarize
  • Newspaper Ad
  • Process Fee by online payment
  • Xerox copies of Educational Certificates if any duly self attestation
  • Xerox copies of ID Proofs duly self attestation
  • Two Pass Size Photographs with signature on front side

For drafting of Affidavit and related documents better to approach a lawyer/legal practitioner, so that the documents will reflect legal manner. After getting Copy of Gazette Notification you may change your name in all ID Proofs and other required documents if any. Remember, Gazette Notification Copy is a legal document, but not a certificate.